Do you need a physiotherapist?
Physiotherapists at Total Health believe in working with you to help achieve recovery from an injury and to achieve goals that are important to you.
Physiotherapy treatment may include hands on physiotherapy, and will definitely include exercise based rehabilitation to help you return to an optimum state. The rehabilitation work can be done on site at our clinic gym, and will be extended to ensure that you have easy exercises that can be continued in your own time.
What is the benefit of choosing Total Health Physio?
Total Health Physio has a team of experienced skilled physiotherapists. We will work with you to ensure that you have a rehabilitation programme that is specific to you and your needs. We pride ourselves in offering the best service possible. Staff are regularly attending ongoing professional development courses to ensure that they update their skills on a regular basis.
The location of Total Health Physio and Podiatry with the Silverstream Medical Centre and Silverstream Pharmacy affords a collaborative approach for all clients attending the services.
Our service has strong relationships with orthopaedic surgeons and other specialists which allows all of the health providers to utilise this network to ensure that you are seeing the right people as you need to.
What happens in a Physiotherapy appointment?
- Physiotherapy appointments are all 30 minutes long, unless you have a more complex injury that requires more time
- The physiotherapist will take a thorough history from you about what the main issues are and how they occurred.
- A physical examination will help to inform the physiotherapist of a differential diagnosis. This may include watching you run, jump or lift objects depending on your complaint.
- The Physio may want to refer you for an X-ray or ultra sound scan if clinically applicable.
- At the end of the consultation you will be informed of the most likely diagnosis, the treatment options, timeframes and the most likely rehabilitation pathway.
Can I get ACC?
- Yes – ACC is available for physio appointments just mention this when you make your booking.
- You can access our physiotherapists directly ( ie without a referral from your GP) for private and ACC injuries.
- We can fill out the ACC forms and lodge them with ACC
Occupational Health Physiotherapist, Auditor, Practise Management Solutions